Summer Quinoa Salad
- 3 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium carrot, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
Ingredients for dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
- Salt, to taste
- Prepare quinoa in advance and let cool. To make 3.5 cups cooked quinoa, start with 1.25 cups uncooked quinoa and follow package directions to cook.
- chop or dice all vegetables.
- prepare dressing. In a mixing bowl stir together olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, cilantro, garlic and salt. Chill while you prep the remaining salad ingredients or up to 1 day.
- In a large bowl toss together quinoa, pepper, cucumber, tomato, carrot, onion and chick peas with the dressing. Keep salad chilled.
Serve and enjoy!
Real Estate Websites by Web4Realty