Easy Salmon Recipe Lemon Butter Sauce
Tender Baked Salmon with a silky smooth Lemon Butter Cream Sauce is a quick and easy dinner recipe! You will be drinking the sauce straight out of the pan it is so good! A salmon recipe perfect for busy weeknights when you don't have time to cook.
Servings: 4 serves
- 4 (6 oz | 170 g) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, (optional -- can sub with 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard))
- Salt, to season
- Cracked black pepper, to season
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, (can sub with 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard)
- 1/2 cup cream (heavy, whipping or thickened)
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice,
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, divided
Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and wine together in a small bowl. Rub salmon with the mixture and arrange in baking dish. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until salmon is opaque throughout.
While salmon is baking, melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds).
Pour in the wine and let cook for 2-3 minutes until just starting to reduce. Add in cream and cook until sauce thickens slightly.
Take off the heat and stir through lemon juice and parsley.
Pour the sauce over the cooked salmon in the dish to mix through the natural pan juices released from the salmon while baking.
Serve and enjoy!
Check the thickest part of your salmon fillets with a fork. When the flesh easily flakes or softly falls apart, it's done.
HOW LONG TO BAKE SALMONBake for 4 - 6 minutes per 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness of fillet. Baking time depends on the thickness of your salmon fillets.
- MEDIUM: 4 minutes PER 1/2-inch.
- WELL DONE: 6 minutes per 1/2-inch.
HOW TO KNOW WHEN SALMON IS READY
You can also use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness. The USDA recommends a minimum internal temperature of 145°F (61°C), which should be taken inside the the thickest part of the salmon.
Refrigerate for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Gently reheat in the microwave.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 876IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg